Stress Happens!

Guest Blogger: Myisha Henry, Human Resources Generalist MedStar Health Research Institute

Whether we like or not …stress is inevitable! Stress happens in all areas of life— it is how we manage it that makes a difference. In recognition of Stress Awareness month, I want to share a recent personal story of how stress happened to me.

Last month I had the honor of helping to plan a wedding.   The goal of this joyous occasion was not just to have the marriage certificate signed, but the couple wanted the ceremony to be an embodiment of their values; and as the planner I was committed to delivering!

In planning the infinite amount of molecular details that would lead to the spirit-filled harmonious experience, I became overwhelmed and stressed.  During those stressful moments, I paused,  took a deep breath and whispered to myself “I am free from tension, stress and strain”.   You may ask yourself, why? How does that help? Well, I have researched different tactics for managing stress and through practice I know that a brief moment of  silence and positive affirmations are tactics that work best for me!

It is important to educate ourselves about the mental and physical impacts of such distress.  Stress is very powerful in that it not only causes mental distress but your physical health can suffer, so remember to take time for yourself.  As members of the MedStar Health community it is especially important to us to practice what we preach. This month I acknowledge, I must take time for me when necessary because stress happens!

What are you going to do to  ensure your are empowered with the tools necessary to effectively manage stress?  I encourage you to join me in participating in the below upcoming webinars.


Stress ManagementPresented by: Denia Kramer, BHS Program Manager
Date/Time: Thursday, April 10th @ 2:00pm EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Tune in for a 30-minute interactive webinar that will teach you how to prevent unhealthy stress, and find lasting solutions for enhancing your lifestyle
Click here to register.

A Mindfulness MinutePresented by: April Crowell-Thurfield, BHS Business Development Manager
Date/Time: Friday, April 25th @ 12:00pm EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Feel the stress melt away while you relax and focus on your breathing during a 10-minute chair yoga and guided meditation sequence - Enjoy a bonus Q&A session to follow! 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I have completed a course recently from www.coursetrendz.com. It is very good and free of cost. Moreover if you want to have knowledge about technology and web design then visit www.techposttoday.com. All the information and knowledge is praise worthy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Betsey, Lucy, and Anarcha: Recognition and Remembrance" with MHRI

World Medical Innovation Forum 2018

MedStar Health's Upcoming Advertising Campaign!