My First Selfie

For the last few days I have been attending the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE), a professional organization dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular ultrasound.  This organization has more than 16,000 members and advocates for CV ultrasound quality, education and research.  I have been fortunate to be involved with ASE for many years and have 'grown up through the ranks' - it was at ASE scientific sessions that I presented my first poster, gave my first oral presentation, first served on a national committee (Local Echo Societies), first chaired a national committee (Guidelines and Standards), first was asked to be on an organization's Board of Directors and first time serving as a national organization's Board of Directors and then Treasurer.

Well, this weekend was another first for me - well........... two new firsts.  I was elected by my peers at the next President of ASE but that is nothing compared to this 'first'.......  at the end of our Board meeting where I was brought in as president, I took my first selfie with the Board.  It came out pretty good, if I do say so, for a novice!

Comments

  1. Congratulations Dr Weissman and your first selfie is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressed that you took your first selfie! You're coming along!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Betsey, Lucy, and Anarcha: Recognition and Remembrance" with MHRI

World Medical Innovation Forum 2018

MedStar Health's Upcoming Advertising Campaign!