The Orange City

I am writing you as I return from the 'Orange City' - want to guess where I am?  

No, not someplace in Florida.  Southern California hanging with the 'Real Housewives' of Orange County....NO, definitely not southern California!!  

I am half way across the world in the City of Oranges in Nagpur, India !!!


While I usually use this blog to share information about MedStar, I could not resist sharing a personal experience with you because it is just too cool....

As I have mentioned before in a prior post, I became the president of my cardiology professional society called the American Society of Echocardiography (more at www.ASEcho.org). As such, I get the honor to represent the organization at other national meetings.

For the last 3 days, I was in Nagpur at 'EchoNagpur' - a annual course run by their national cardiology society. Besides learning alot about diseases we don't see as much (like rheumatic heart disease and a lot of patients with mitral stenosis), I got to meet a lot of new professional friends and try new food.  The hosts took us out to dinner and not only did his wife and children come, so did his mother (very family - centric society).  One of the American woman on the faculty even got a sari and wore it for dinner (see pictures below).




The thing that really is a blast and certainly a 'first' for me is that there were newspaper reporters at this meeting and I ended up in 'The Hitavada', thelargest print newspaper in central India (see article at this link) or below:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Betsey, Lucy, and Anarcha: Recognition and Remembrance" with MHRI

World Medical Innovation Forum 2018

MedStar Health's Upcoming Advertising Campaign!