Power of MedConnect and PowerTrials

Guest Blogger:
Saif Almushhadani
Clinical Research Coordinator, Baltimore Community Clinical Research Center



One of the challenges for a study coordinator is to constantly stay aware of all of our study participants so that we can be timely and thorough in our reporting. Adverse Events and Serious Adverse events typically need to be reported to the Sponsor, to the Institutional Review Board (IRB), and in some cases, to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) within a short period of time. The recently launched PowerTrials has a feature designed to help with this, and I was the first coordinator in my department who has benefitted from this feature.

Photo by Hush Naidoo on Unsplash
A color change (red) in my MedConnect (PowerChart) account inbox caught my eye. It was an alert that one of my study participants had been admitted to the ER. I was able to then easily review and obtain information and records required for reporting to the sponsor in a timely manner. PowerTrials saved me so much time and helped me be on top of things to ensure the safety of our patients and adherence to trial protocols. In the future, I’m sure there will be other features which will help us have a smoother workflow.



Note from Neil: You can read about the new PowerTrials/MedConnect integration here. If you have any questions, contact research@medstar.net



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Betsey, Lucy, and Anarcha: Recognition and Remembrance" with MHRI

World Medical Innovation Forum 2018

MedStar Health's Upcoming Advertising Campaign!